May 13, 2016 6:10PM
One can gain weights by eating excessively. One can also gain
weight without enough exercise. Too much fatty foods can also lead
to weight gain.
July 16, 2015 7:53PM
HOW CAN YOU GAIN WEIGHT QUICKLY AND EASILY
So, how can you gain weight quickly and easily? Well,
here are suggestions and opinions from various WikiAnswer
- The best way to gain weight quickly and easily, but safely, is
to engage in regular weight training to build more muscle. How much
muscle you want to build is up to you (don’t worry you do not need
to build huge muscles). By building muscle, you will look more
toned and you will be far less skinny. Weigh training works well
for both females and males. See Related Questions, further down
this page, to learn how to weight train and build muscle. You might
also care to try eating after 8:00 pm. You are less active after
this time. Therefore, your body does not burn all the calories
consumed, which might help you to gain weight.
- Also, try increasing portion size and decreasing activity
levels (other than weight training. You might also wish to try high
calorie supplement drinks. However, do not consume lots of soda.
Soda, pop and cordials are loaded with sugars. These can cause
health problems. In addition, do not binge on unhealthy foods such
as refined processed carbohydrates, which can cause many health
problems and diet related diseases. Try to gain weight in a healthy
way. See the page links at the bottom of this answer for a list of
refined processed carbohydrates.
- Weigh train to make yourself tired and to build muscle and be
toned. Then eat a large lunch and do little actively for the rest
of the day. Eating food shortly before you go to bed in the evening
can be helpful way to gain weight.
- You might want to try a healthy body calculator, which
personalizes a diet to suit your lifestyle and height. Some people
find it helpful to keep a diary at first to ensure they are
- However, just eating is not sufficient if you are a naturally
thin person. We all need to engage in some kinds of physical
activities to convert our food intake to healthy mass. This
conversion can take place only with proper exercises such as
weight/strength training. People who truly understand how to gain
weight quickly and easily do so in a healthy manner with
proportionate muscle mass gain.
For more information about ‘how you can gain weight quickly and
easily’ use the page links given below.
- HOW CAN YOU GAIN WEIGHT QUICKLY AND EASILY THROUGH
BUILDING MUSCLE (plus where to find the free strength/weight
training exercises and programs suitable for beginners of more
- WHAT ARE REFINED PROCESSED CARBOHYDRATES (to be
avoided or strictly limited)
- HOW MANY CALORIES NEEDED PER DAY
- HOW MANY CARBOHYDRATES NEEDED PER DAY
21 people, + others below, have found this answer, and the answer
May 20, 2015 4:17PM
The recommended way to do this is to eat healthy foods in
amounts that are more than your body needs. Eating unhealthy foods
would also add to your weight but might harm you in the long
If you want muscle-mass more than fat-gain, you’ll also need to get
plenty of exercise.
Healthy foods to gain weight:
- red meat; fish (especially oily fish such as
- seeds and nuts; peanut butter, almond butter, tahini
- dairy and eggs
- sweet fruits such as mango, banana and papaya
- granola; dried fruit; protein bars
- whole wheat bread; whole grain breads, crackers and foods;
- olive oil on salads or wherever appropriate
- carbohydrate-veggies such as potatoes and yams
1) Note that red meat, dairy, and eggs should be eaten in
moderation. If your body’s cholesterol is low, you can increase the
2) Try to eat several (4 to 6) times a day. Have snacks and drink
water between meals, not during meals.
3) Try to avoid junk foods except as a treat here and there.
4) Don’t overdo it. Gaining weight faster than about 1 pound per
week should be done under supervision.